It’s very easy to get FOMO when it comes to what Social Media Platforms works best for your Boutique Hotel. You are scared that you might be missing out on a great marketing opportunity if you don’t use this or that platform.
With today’s social media culture you have the ability to make any platform work for you so long as it is where your Ideal Guest Avatar likes to get their social fill.
So here’s what you need to do:
- Look at your Ideal Guest Avatar – Where would this Avatar most likely hang out online?
- Look at your personal social media preferences – which correlate with your Ideal Guest Avatar? This will make it easier for you to start off immediately without too much of a learning curve.
- Now if you have 1 or two that match up start actively sharing on these platforms.
- Pick at most 2 platforms to master per year. It’s better to be actively sharing on 2 channels than registering on 10 and not sharing on any.
- And don’t just share! Engage with your followers! – It’s not all about gaining more followers – it’s about speaking with those that are already part of your online fan base. Comment on their comments – Like their comments – open a conversation.
Still stuck on what platforms will work best?
Here are some suggestions:
Facebook – It’s a great one to start with as it is one of the biggest platforms out there. Facebook also has the most diverse demographic of all the platforms. BONUS they have some great opportunities when it comes to online marketing with Facebook Ads. You can also share videos on this platform which will get extra boosting due to Facebook prioritizing video sharing in an effort to knock off Youtube as the main video sharing platform.
Instagram – This is a very visual platform where people – especially millennial – love to go for traveling inspiration and to see where their peers hangout. It works well in conjunction with Facebook with cross-marketing built in. so even if you focus on these two for a start you are well on your way.
Youtube – if you want to share longer more in detail or more entertain media with your Ideal Guest Avatar then this is the platform to use. Let’s say you are a Boutique Hotel Resort based in a stunning nature reservation. You can have your game rangers sharing informative videos on the local wildlife and/or the activities you have to offer on the resort. What is nice about this is that you can upload the videos to Youtube Website and also share them via Youtube on your own site in the weekly posts.
Pinterest – This is great for people if you want to share Tips and Tricks for traveling to your area. It is a bit more limited as we mostly see people using it more as an inspiration board than actually actively engaging with the posts. I would suggest if you want to share on this Pinterest that it be more of a “5 tips for packing for your ideal vacation in the Bahamas” type of posts. Plus engagement is a bit limited here.
These are the top social media platforms I would suggest to start off with. I know there are many more. If you have any that you particularly like and would like to know how to utilize them to their full potential. Comment below or drop me a mail.